We welcome comments and other written contributions from all readers of STV Action. If you have not commented or contributed before, then please convey your thoughts to the editor. Click here and complete the form, and he will post them as appropriate. However he will simply ignore spam or irrelevant comments. If you think you might comment on other occasions we ask you to register as a user. Once you are registered you can publish comments or blog posts without moderation. To register you will need a wordpress account. If you have your own wordpress blog, or contribute to one, then you will already have a wordpress account.
If you do not have a wordpress account you can do it now, or wait until you are asked to do so. You will need to contact the editor – click here.
If you already have a wordpress account then you will need to tell him either your user name or the email address you used to set up the account. If you do not have an account then you need to tell him the email address you want to use in setting up the account. You will receive an invitation email; click on ‘Accept Invitation’, see: http://en.support.wordpress.com/adding-users/ . “They will need to click the “Accept Invitation” button in the invitation email. If they are logged into their WordPress.com account, they will be taken directly to your blog. If not, they will be taken to the log-in screen, where they can either log in or create a new user account.
Note that users who create a new WordPress.com account at that point will still need to return to the invitation email and click the “Accept Invitation” button after doing so.”
Now you are registered:
a. If you wish to comment on a post:
- click on ‘leave a comment’ below the posts
- click in the comment box that appears; you will see the words, “Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:”
- click on the W wordpress symbol to the right of that wording
- log in using your wordpress account details
- you will then be able to type in your comments.
b. If you wish to publish a new blog post
- click on ‘log in’ at top right of screen; supply your wordpress account details.
- this will take you the the ‘dashboard’ (control area of the site)
- look down the menu on left hand side until you see the word ‘posts’; put the mouse pointer over this and you will see ‘add new’
- click on ‘add new’
- type in the title and content of the post
- click on ‘Publish’ (large button on right)
- wait until you see ‘view post’ at the top
- click on ‘view post’ to see how your post looks
c. If you wish to maker a longer contribution, explain this to the editor who will provided an email address to which you can send your contribution.