Some advantages of STV
- STV motivates political parties to contest every seat and there would be no area they could afford to ignore.
- STV elections cannot be won by influencing only a few swing voters in marginal seats.
- Under STV, MPs would be more accountable to voters.
- STV can give voters a choice of candidates within a party; e.g., pro and anti Europe or Old and New Labour.
- Because STV lets voters list as many as like they of the candidates in order of choice, they never need to waste their votes or vote tactically.